Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Who Influenced my writing-Keenan Mathews

I have alot of people that have influenced me on writing but the person that I admire the most is Tupac Amaru Shakur. I can relate to tupac with 2 reasons. One reason was because he attended a performing institute for artist in Baltimore, Maryland and I also entered a art performing artist school in Atlanta, until I got kicked out.The reason why I like tupac is because he came from the same environment that i came from. He expresses the importance of the struggle and how to get out. Even though I had a father who was an "Outlaw" my father never explained his troubles of his young ages of man hood. Tupac always expressed that type of lifestyle and by his writing I became influenced in a positive way because he overcame the outcome from rags to riches. Out of many gifts alot of people buy me, the tupac book that my uncle got me was a good book. The book, "The Rose That Grew From Concrete" was a success story that was a poetry book which explained different emotions and feelings he had on a certain point of view. An excerpt of tupac's poetry is called I cry: Sometimes when I'm alone I Cry,Cause I am on my own.The tears I cry are bitter and warm.They flow with life but take no formI Cry because my heart is torn.I find it difficult to carry on. If I had an ear to confiding,I would cry among my treasured friend,but who do you know that stops that long,to help another carry on(Shakur , Tupac. rose that grew from the concrete. Atlanta: Pocket books, 1999. Print.).Every now and then my mom will always take me to the Tupac Shakur center on memorial drive, close to Downtown atlanta. In the center, it expresses the culture of his lifestyle as a rapper, poet, and also a activist. In conclusion, I give the late great tupac shakur thanks for giving me such a positive influence on his works as a fantastic performer and great poet. He influence me to let me know how easy it is to say what you feel and feel what you say. He made it safe for me to be my own person as a writer and for me to feel safe by stating opinions in all of my literary works. Me and him talk similiar but we are different in our own way. In conclusion, he is a great writer who influence me to be a better writer

2 comments:

  1. This is the best blog I read my dude. I really enjoyed reading it and I learned a lot of things about tupac that I didn't know. Keep reading books and "keep ya head up."...Conway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog and I like how you wrote about 2pac i like the guy but i would have wrote bout webbie that is my favorite webbie rapper I feel like I know and grew up around alot of people tell me we look alot and we act alike.$JOHNNY MOORE$

    ReplyDelete