Wednesday, July 6, 2011
influencing my literacy-- Jordyn Riddle
The person who influenced my literacy is my father. Since both my parents are english teachers, I learned to read at an early age. But my father is the one who took up time with me and taught me how to comperhend and form a vocabulary. My dad is very good at grammer, so he was constantly correcting me. Even now it has become a habit for him to correct me when ever I speak incorrectly. Also in an earlier post I had mentioned how during the summer I must read books and write a summery on what I read, that is how I learned to write. He also checked my summeries for errors. As you can tell my father has shaped my literacy and has taken up a lot of time with me dealing with school work. I really do not know what I would do if my father was not there, because he has showed me a lot. He has taught me all about similies, metaphores, dialogs, two- step out lines, how to write a paragraph and ect. I appreciat my dad and all that he has done for me, including my school work. It also helped that my father worked at all my schools since I was in the eighth grade. So when ever I needed help with anything he helped me or had some other teacher to help me. That is who influenced my lieracy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jordlyn your father helped you out and my mother helped me. she would always be like what you say, thats not the correct way to say that, i kinda wish my father would have helped me but we both had a parent to help us out and make us a better person.<--- ALICIA BENNETT
ReplyDeleteHello Jordyn Riddle. WOOOOOWWWWW.. I know your speaking is exellent, well it should be. I know wat you go through wen you are talkin to your parents. Got to watch wat you say and how you say it LOL.
ReplyDeletewell you are the first person to say your father influened you that's good to hear. but my parents and english teacher influened me because with you parents you are going to say everything they say and you teacher will correct you and make sure you pronouce your words and spell them right.(Rikevia Wells)
ReplyDelete