Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Influenced Literature____________Trermaine Williams
The person that helped my literacy skills was my 9th grade teacher, Ms. Nelson. At first, I could not stand her, I mean I hated going to her class at 6th period. She did not let us have any lead way, it felt like we was in jail there. She always, made us write essays, paragraphs, and do work out the book everday. She help me with my literacy skills because she showed me right from wrong, when it came to writing. I already knew how to read and write, it's just she enhanced or helped me with my skills. Ms. Nelson always said, "I know you hate me now, but you going to love me in the end." Ms. Nelson was young, but she was an "OG" when it came to those books and english. She knew alot about all types of books and courses that we took. She even had a study session in any course that we needed help in. In her class, she had all the desk in a U shape, but never had a desk behind her. She always wanted to see what her students where doing. She was well known around the school as "the teacher that doesn't play with her students." She even had the seniors thanking the Lord that they didn't take her. In addition, I really do appreciate her for all the work and fussing she did with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Another great blog posted by one of my classmates. Teachers play a huge role in a young person's life. Having a teacher by your side will, no doubt, lead you in the right direction. School guides can be a positive factor mainly because of the education and wisdom they share with us.
ReplyDeleteYour blog states facts in many ways. I also had a teacher that helped influenced my literacy. Their always helpful when we direspect them or have short patience. They also have great experience so we should always give the teachers a chance. In the end we gain knowledge and also have passing grades.--Rodney Winters
ReplyDeleteI really like your blog t-will we all have that teacher that at first we can not stand, but once we you get to know them you find out just how important they are to you and how helpful they can be. The young teachers are always the teachers that we connect more with anyway-nikevia wells
ReplyDelete