Wednesday, July 6, 2011

who infleuced me~quintara reese~

All my life the person that has inflenced me the most i would have to say is my mother. She taught me how to read and write. First she taught me the correct why to right if I happen to have to write a letter or resume to a job or a college. However,when i see my mother talking to people and I see her at her job I see that she says her words clearly especially when she is talking to the state board that comes to her job it shows that she is very professional when it comes to her work and the people love her because of the way she carries her job. She always tells me when am in front of someone important to make sure that when I talk to make sure that all my words that I say are clear so that they can understand me but if I start to use slang in my conversation that they might think that am not a professional.

So that’s why everytime I talk no matter who am talking to I try to use less slang and I try not to shorten my words. Ever since I can remember she has been teaching and teaching me the right way to say my words and that not to say them. She told me not to drag my words and to open my mouth when I talk and that instead of putting the words “is” in front of everything but instead the correct form is “are”. So I push myself and when I use the incorrect form of a word I always go back and correct myself. That’s why my mother inflenced me and my literacy because no matter what kind of field I will work in I will always have to talk right.

1 comment:

  1. It is very improtant that you know how to read, write and speak correct grammar. Slang is not the correct way to speak reguardless to who ever you're having a conversation with.

    ReplyDelete