Wednesday, July 6, 2011
The Person that Influenced Me the Most... ALICIA BENNETT
The person who influenced me the most is my mother, she has pushed me and pushed to do my best on everything every since i younger. When I was in school I use to pronounce words wrong and when my mother want aroung my teaher wouldntell me the correct way to say words. It use to be hard to speak correctly, cause you gone need it to talk in front of important people . when we use ro be around ertain people we us to pronounce words wrong and she would correct us real fast and be like what you say, thats not the right way to say that word. Then we would get embrass all in public.. So as growing up it was hard to pronounce words but my mother influenced me, she didnt want us walking aound using improper language so she stayed on our behinds. Now that im in this Summer Program im leaning more and more about speaking correctly. Im glad that my mother pushed and pushed me like she did to make me the person I am today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like this blog post because a strong family member, like your mother, should be a great influence on a persons literacy. Having a parent in this being can lead to wonderful and successful things in a teenagers life. Everyone should have a parent as a influence in their life.
ReplyDeletemy mom pushed me and made me have confidence in myself and she taught me to never give up in what i do.-quintara reese
ReplyDeleteI understand exactly what your saying Alicia, I use to have a speech problem also. It was so bad that I had to go to speech classes in elementry school. I can honestly admit that when I get mad or over welmed I still have a slight speech problem. Also my parent also influenced my literacy, while pushing me to use correct english.--jordyn riddle
ReplyDeleteMy mother also made me learn to talk correctly. When I went to school I talked how I wanted to. After a note to put me in speech class, the way I pronouced words changed because I didn't want to have people thinking that I was slow.
ReplyDeleteIt is always a great thing when a mother is there to push you. Without my mother I do not know what I would do without her. I mean I have to think her if it had not been for her I would not be the amazing reader I am today as well as writer. We both should think our mother-nikevia wells
ReplyDelete