My influences on my past writing skills came about through my mistakes and tutoring. My mentor was my English IV teacher, Mrs Rawson. She taught me the correct way to write an sentence, paragraph, and essay. She also taught me which puncuation marks and conjuctions to put with the puncuation marks. My results were just what I needed to succeed in writing a correct paper.
I only had one essay that turned out right when I did it myself. The topic was quite intresting and catching; therefore, I tried my best. Everything was well put and organized. I also got rewarded for making good grades on my papers. But getting rewarded wasn't the necessary part me learning, it was learning the proper way to write a paper.
The other writing experiences were really bad. Before tutoring, writing papers were difficult and quite a challenge. My very first essay I did myself was horrible. From the sentence structures to the punctuation of every sentence. One moment was simply embarssing, because I had to read out loud. Unfortuantely, I didn't take intrest in the topic and I drifted off the main the topic of the essay. Making those bad grades motivated me even more to learn. But also seeing everyone's elses grades being way better than mine.
I had a similar experience in college, Rodney. An English teacher assigned a topic I didn't care about, so I didn't focus on it as much as I should have. I didn't get the grade I was hoping for and realized that even when I don't like the topic, I still have to work my hardest and try my best. We all have different sources of motivation, and getting a bad grade is just as good as any! :)
ReplyDeleteI also had a similiar experience T Pain. I couldn't write an essay to save my life and I felt like I was the only person and my class who couldn't. So What I did was, got help from my fellow classmates and my English Teacher. By my senior year of high school I was OK with writing but not where I wanted to be......Conway....
ReplyDelete