Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Living in a Different World...----> Alicia Bennett

Coming to this part of the world, I see is very different. Different people, different point of views, different ways of living here at Starkville, Mississipp the from the way people talk to the way they live. It's different living with a person you really dont know nothing about. Getting to know the person and their background its the hardest thing. Its already hard enough hard enough being away from home, when you been at home mostly all your life. Here at state you only get to go ome on Special occasions, or if you just go home fo no reason, for the fun of it. I couldn't just up and go home, I stay 3 hours away. Then once you know the name of your roommate you think Am I going to like her,is she gone be a good roommate,is she clean or dirty.? My roommate is the best, she clean, nice, she give me my space, she dont mind my company. She sharing, she Respectful. Its not the same living at home like up here, at home you can just keep your stuff out everywhere in the room, here at State you have to keep up with your own items, your personal items as well. Making up the beds can be hard , but Im use to it I like my bed clean. The times we have to get up is so different form home, we dont have to get up that early here like at home. Some might have to get up early for that bus, here you can just walk to your next class. Trying to buget your money I think the worse to do in college, from going to the store seeing everything you want but you have to remember you have clothes to be wash, money to eat off of , if your MSU card run out. The expreience I had was Ok not all that, the part about my roomate is a good exprience, but I dont think I would carry this exprience in the future.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you roomie you are the best room mate I could ever ask for, I hope to have you in the fall. but I understand when you say you have to keep up with your own items, because it is hard when you are staying at home and your mother keeps up with everthing and taking care of the important business. LOVE YOU ROOMIE!!!!----ROBIN DAVIS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alicia, I totally agree with you. It's been so many different attitudes to adjust to, but I achieved that goal. And you've been a wonderful person with a great attitude. But you learn to budget and balance your account. In addition, don't change for anyone and stay positive.--Rodney Winters

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog licia, but the good thing about college is how much it is differnt from home. WE both are friend girls and so it is easy for us to meet different people. It has been hard adjusting, but I have gotten into the groove of things

    ReplyDelete